We offer a selection of cornet mouthpieces with rims matching the the most popular trumpet models. Our regular cornet mouthpieces have a medium deep cornet cup, similar to a Wick B cup. The Wedge British cornet D cup is similar to the deeper Wick cup.
Wedge Cornet Mouthpieces
Better Range, Endurance, Comfort, Flexibility, Response, and Sound
Wedge Cornet Mouthpieces Are Available As Regular Or British Cornet Styles
British Cornet Style Mouthpieces
- Available in a medium depth British Cornet, medium-deep FLC, and Deep British Cornet depths.
- Medium cup depth similar to Wick B cup.
- Medium-deep FLC cup is the same depth as our flugel cup and is available only as a two part cornet mouthpiece.
- Deep cup depth similar to deeper Wick cup depth.
- One piece and two piece models.
- Larger throat for a darker, richer cornet sound suitable for British brass band style playing.
- Two piece models are made from our flugelhorn blanks, are shorter than regular cornet mouthpieces.
- Two piece models used with short British cornet style shank.
- Two piece models can also be used on trumpet or flugelhorn with the appropriate dedicated shank.
- Available in plastic, brass, or a plastic top with brass shank.
- Two piece models are available with an optional angled rim designed to reduce pressure from the upper lip and correct the horn angle for players with a significant overbite.
For downloads with more information on the playing characteristics of brass, delrin, and acrylic mouthpieces contact Dr. Dave.
American Style Cornet Tops and Backbores
- American style cornet tops are made from the same blank as our trumpet tops.
- Cup depth is medium, similar to a Wick B cornet cup depth.
- Can be used with regular length Wedge or Warburton cornet backbores.
Cornet Backbore Sizes
- We offer regular cornet backbores in Small, Medium, Medium Large, and Large sizes with #27 and #25 throats. They are used with our regular cornet tops and also for piccolo trumpet tops.
- Small backbores are most suitable for Dixieland jazz or where maximum compression is desired.
- Medium and Medium Large backbores are most suitable for cornet and piccolo trumpet when intermediate compression and breadth of sound are required. The ML size with a 25 throat is an excellent choice paired with a 25 throat cornet top.
- Large cornet backbores produce an open blow and broad sound, but less upper register support. They are a good choice for players who want very broad sound but who do not want the more open feel of a British cornet style mouthpiece.
Want help choosing the best size for you?
Complete our online fitting survey.
Addition Special Features
Wedge Angled Rim for Overbite and Underbite
Wedge trumpet, cornet, and flugelhorn mouthpieces can also be ordered with an optional angled rim for players who’s teeth force them to hold the horn at an undesirable angle. The combination of the angled rim and curved shape of the Wedge design combine to correct the horn angle and provide greatly improved comfort.
It also decreases the TMJ discomfort often associated with trying to thrust the jaw forward to compensate for an overbite.
- Five degree or ten degree tilt, in addition to the patented Wedge rim design.
- Mouthpiece can be rotated in the horn by 180 degrees to compensate for an underbite or overbite.
- Modified cup redirects airflow smoothly into throat.
- Shape of throat remains round, unlike what can happen when bending a backbore.
- Email to discuss your needs for an angled rim.
“If I had a choice of playing a gig on my Wedge mouthpiece and a mediocre trumpet, or a great trumpet with any other mouthpiece, it would be a no-brainer. The Wedge/mediocre trumpet combination. This design is everything I’ve been looking for in a mouthpiece for years.” –Arthur Grudko