Wedge Angled Rim for Overbite and Underbite
Wedge trumpet, cornet, and flugelhorn mouthpieces can also be ordered with an optional angled rim for players who’s teeth force them to hold the horn at an undesirable angle. The combination of the angled rim and curved shape of the Wedge design combine to correct the horn angle and provide greatly improved comfort.
It also decreases the TMJ discomfort often associated with trying to thrust the jaw forward to compensate for an overbite.
- Five degree or ten degree tilt, in addition to the patented Wedge rim design.
- Mouthpiece can be rotated in the horn by 180 degrees to compensate for an underbite or overbite.
- Modified cup redirects airflow smoothly into throat.
- Shape of throat remains round, unlike what can happen when bending a backbore.
- Email to discuss your needs for an angled rim.