It requires extraordinary care to keep a mouthpiece in new condition during a trial. The mouthpiece should either be in the instrument or kept in the protective cloth bag in which it was shipped at all times. The customer is 100% responsible for returning the mouthpiece in NEW condition.
The mouthpiece has probably been damaged if it has ever been dropped, placed on a hard surface such as a music stand shelf, or lightly clanged against another mouthpiece. About 25% of mouthpieces are returned showing signs of wear. It is common for customers to miss signs of wear, so PLEASE INSPECT THE MOUTHPIECE VERY CAREFULLY. We most certainly will.
Wash the mouthpiece before inspection. You are looking for any of the following:
Tiny dings or dents anywhere on the mouthpiece. These usually occur on the top and outer surface of the rim.
Any scratches on the rim, cup, or anywhere else on the mouthpiece. These are common on the outer surface of the rim and can result from the mouthpiece being placed on its side on a hard surface such as a music stand. Insertion marks on the shank that are more than very minor and superficial.
Any other signs of wear.
TERMS OF RETURN POLICY
- Wedge mouthpieces come with a 90 day trial period and a money back guarantee. Gold plated one piece mouthpieces cannot be returned.
- Before returning an item you must contact us by phone or email to receive authorisation.
- Once the item arrives and has been confirmed to be in new condition we will refund the original purchase price.
- There are no restocking fees on one or two items. However, when multiple similar items are purchased with the obvious intention of returning the majority of them for a refund we reserve the right to apply a 10% fee to cover the costs of processing your refund and restocking.
- We do not refund shipping costs either way.